“How can I get a high band (7.0) in IELTS?”, many students ask.
Having a strong introductory paragraph is a good start.
🗣 James’ comment on the student’s work:
– It is not necessary nor desirable in fact, to start every single Task 2 essay with “controversial / hot topic”. The phrase is hackneyed or has been used to death by all the candidates. Just don’t use it, if you want to sound different that is.
– Single plural incongruence right from the beginning is a nice head shot. The chances of surviving a head shot though not non-existent, remain slim.
– Lexical resources evident.
– Incorrect prepositional usage.
– Linking evident. Some linking arbitrary.
– Some collocation issues.
– Some range carelessness.
– “Tendencies / the tendency”. Lack of awareness regarding the indefinite article, the definite article, or plurality, remains the more persistent problem you are struggling with.
– Some good descriptives.
– Continue to bolster your lexical repertoire.
– Tighten up accuracy with grammatical range, as well as try extending it.
想免費試堂 👉 http://bit.ly/2UFEDJD
= = = = = = = = = =
Tel : 3543 1522
Whatsapp : https://wa.me/85268932956
Inbox : m.me/hkeel.hk
#English #Course #Tutor #Summer #Discount #IELTS #Offer #BritishCouncilhk #英國文化協會 #englishtown #wallstreetenglish #wsehk #DSE #PrivateClass #英文 #補習班 #雅思 #英語導師 #jamestips